Accessibility Statement for Corner Cottage
Corner Cottage is a two-storey dwelling and is part of a mill conversion, located in a rural hamlet. Access to shops and amenities generally requires a car but a local taxi service is available on +44 (0) 7582 510749 or from Bowness and Kendal. We have tried to provide helpful information in this statement, but if you have any queries please call +44 (0) 20 7261 9064. We look forward to welcoming you to Corner Cottage.
- Our website is www.sgcornercottage.co.uk
- Bookings and enquiries can be made by phone +44 (0) 7775 774 828
The nearest train stations are Kendal and Windermere, both about 5 miles away. The West Coast mainline service operated by Virgin Trains stops at Oxenholme about 7 miles away.
- Taxis are available at Oxenholme station and car rental firms from Kendal usually offer a pick-up service during office hours.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Detailed directions are provided at time of booking.
- At the front of the property, there is a small garage and a car parking space on a tarmac area, which slopes very slightly
- Corner Cottage also has a rear door with access to a tarmac road and a larger residents’ car parking area which then leads to a bridleway
- The front entrance is accessed from the car parking area by a pathway of concrete paving stones which is slightly uneven with steps of no more than two inches height. The path length is approximately 6 metres
- Both front and rear doors are 82 cms wide and are hinged on the right when facing from outside. Key-holes for front-door at 75 cm & rear-door at 90cms. Width at both entrances restricted to 75 cms due to wall layout and stops.
- The front entrance leads directly into a large lounge/dining area.
- The separate kitchen requires a 90 degree right turn after approximately one metre.
- Access straight through the lounge leads to the rear hall, requiring a 90 degree right turn
- A 90 degree left turn from the rear of the lounge into the rear hall provides access to the downstairs cloakroom with toilet and washbasin. This cloakroom contains the central heating and hot water controls at 1.5 metres height. The electrical fuse box is also located here at a height of 2 metres.
- The rear hall has a cupboard of standard door width
- The rear entrance door leads into the rear hall. The staircase is immediately left from the rear door.
Lounge & Dining Room
- The area is open-plan and photos on the website indicate furniture and layout
- The oblong dining table is approx 2 metres long, 84cms wide and 75cms high
- Teletext TV provided with remote control and DVD/VCR
- Micro hi-fi unit with CD/radio and remote control
- Worktop height 90 cms
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 24 cms, can be accessed from the side
- Sink is 90 cms high with cupboards underneath
- Hob is 90 cms high
- Combined washer-dryer
- Flooring is quarry tiling
- Maximum floor space between fitted kitchen cupboards and walls is 1.28 metres but narrowest passageway is 95 cms because of bin
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Combined fridge-freezer; highest shelf in fridge is 1.75 metres
Staircase leading to upstairs bedrooms & bathrooms
- The staircase starts with 7 straight stairs of 84cms width, 20cms height and 25cms depth. Then it turns through 180 degrees over 3 stairs. Then there are 4 more straight stairs to reach the upper landing.
- There is a hand rail on the right hand side but no handrail where the staircase turns.
- There is a landing at the top of the stairs. The landing turns left over a 7 cms step down and provides access to the main bathroom and all bedrooms.
- Door opening 70 cms.
- King-size bed provided.
- Bed height is 64 cms from floor to top of mattress
- Feather duvets and pillows are provided with some non-feather available
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton
- Bed is movable if more space is required to one side
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 1.7 by 2.0 metres
- En-suite bathroom
En-suite bathroom & WC
- Standard door access although restricted to about 60 cms by layout.
- Passage to toilet via space between washbasin and bath is minimum of 56 cms
- Bath (height 56 cms. ) with electric flexible shower over – controls at 1.3 metres height
- Toilet seat height 45cm
- Release mechanism on outside of locked door
- Washbasin is located on a pedestal
Twin Bedroom (River View)
- Standard door (70 cms opening) with twin beds – 50 cms space between beds
- Standard door width cupboard
- Windows fitted with locks
Twin Bedroom (Sky View)
- Access up 9 cm step and through standard width door 64 cms opening
- Open floor area of 2 by 1.5 metres
- Twin beds with 40 cms space between
- Skylight window of 1.3 m2
- Door opening of 64 cms
- There is an open floor space of approximately 1.1 by 1.5metres
- WC (height 45 cms.) is to right with approximately 0.5 metres space on either side
- Vanity unit approximately 85 cms height and width with large mirror and shelving
- Standard bath with whirlpool feature
- Electric shower unit over bath with pull cord switch and controls at 1.5 metres height
- Paved patio area immediately outside front door with permanent 2 seater wooden bench. Wooden table and 4 chairs also available
- Garden area at front of property is a relatively flat lawn area, adjacent to the river
- Garden at rear of property is a formal lawned garden area that has steps leading into it
- Variable mobile phone reception – Vodafone appears to have best coverage
- Corner Cottage is a no smoking property
- Corner Cottage is carpeted throughout with short pile carpet, except for the kitchen, downstairs cloakroom, main and en-suite bathrooms which have ceramic tiles
- Smoke alarms are fitted in the lounge adjacent to the kitchen and on the staircase
Shops & Amenities
- Nearest local shop and Post Office is in Bowland Bridge about 2.5 miles away
- Post Office is part-time at the Punchbowl Inn at 1 mile
- Booths supermarkets are located in Windermere and Kendal, each about 6 miles distance
- Morrisons and Asda supermarkets are located in Kendal, both of which have fuel service
- Please contact Mary Smith
- Mobile phone: +44 (0) 7775 774828
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 26 Rennie Court, 11 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9LP